You must be here to check out the potential competitors in the much-awaited Grand National in 2023. Well, you’re in the right place, so keep reading below!
Ever since the very first race in 1839, the race has become one of the most well-known horse races in the world. So if you want to get more information on the 2023 Grand National odds, you can use the details below and choose from the best odds.
5 Interesting Facts About The Most Famous Horse Racing Competition Ever
Let us take a look at the most interesting facts about the Grand National competition. And don’t forget to keep checking back for the latest horse racing odds as they will change as the race gets nearer.
1. More than a century ago, the horses that participated in the Grand National were very different from the runners of today. Four horses that won in different competitions all weighed 12st 7lb.
In 1956, the rules changed to lower the weights of the horses down to a maximum of 12st. 2002 saw a further reduction down to 11st 12 lb while they were lowered further to 11st 10lb.
2. Three trainers have so far managed to snag four wins – George Dockeray, Ginger McCain, and Fred Rimell.
3. The runner that won in the shortest amount of time is Mr. Frisk in 1990. Trained by Kim Bailey, the horse carried jockey Marcus Armitage and finished the race in an astounding 8 minutes 47.8 seconds. Mr. Frisk remains the only horse to have run and won the Grand National in under nine minutes.
4. Conversely, the runner Lottery took 14m 53s to finish the race in the first Grand National in 1839, marking it as the slowest run time.
5. If you are wondering whether keeping tabs on the odds is a good idea, the answer is yes. The favourite has been the victor of the Grand National 8 times in the last 50 years.
That gives the favourite approximately 16% chance of winning based on past data. The favourites are usually the runners with the shortest price in the sports betting probabilities.
Grand National 2023 Details
- Date – Saturday, 15th April 2023
- Time – 5:15 pm
- Venue – Aintree Racecourse
- Distance – 4 miles 15 yards
At the time of writing there has been no official confirmation of the horses that will run in the Grand National 2023.
The deadline for entry into next year’s race will not pass until the end of January 2023. Until then, it is pure speculation on the part of the bookmakers as to who will even get an entry.
And even an entry does not guarantee a run. Through a process of declaration stages that follow the weights announcement, connections can withdraw their horses at any stage.
Generally, over 100 horses get entered, and only 40 (the maximum) can run in the Grand National on the day.
For now, the horses below are in the mix for a potential entry but are by no means guaranteed one.
For this reason, bookmakers will offer ante-post odds on them. That means if you bet on one of these horses and they do not run, you will lose your money. Please check the terms and conditions of your bet before you place a wager.
Noble Yeats, Farouk Dalene, Capodanno, Any Second Now, Monkfish, Galvin, Stattler, Happygolucky, Fiddlerontheroof, Win My Wings, Delta Work, Kittys Light, Chantry House, Threeunderthrufive, Eldorado Allen, Lifetime Ambition, Eklat de Rire, Master McShee, Minella Indo, Protektorat, Ahoy Senor, Secret Reprieve, Royale Pagaille, Champ, Corach Rambler, Latenightpass, Longhouse Poet, Beacon Edge, Fakir Dalene, Escaria Ten, Fantastikas, Enjoy Dallen, Hewick, The Big Dog, Gericault Roque, Pats Fancy, Major Dundee, Vanillier, Ashtown Lad, Iwilldoit, Santini, Farclas, Tornado Flyer, Clan des Obeaux, Gaillard Du Mesnil, Burrows Saint, Enrilo, Frontal Assault, Sam Brown, Time To Get Up, Lord Lariat, Topofthegame, Mister Fogpatches, Kemboy, The Galloping Bear, Fury Road, Mac Tottie, Ontheropes, Minella Times, Stormy Judge, Run Wild Fred, Snow Leopardess, Court Maid, Highland Hunter, Velvet Elvis, Truckers Lodge, Empire Steel, Deise Aba, Discordantly, Early Doors, Hold That Taught, Commodore, Max Flamingo, Lord Accord, Revels Hill, Off You Go, Screaming Colours, Rightplacerightime, School Boy Hours, Good Boy Bobby, Fortescue, Didero Vallis, Champagne Platinum, Torygraph, Darrens Hope, Anibale Fly, Asterion Forlonge, Bristol de Mai, Caribean Boy,
Cap du Nord, Captain Cattistock, Brahma Bull, Ben Dundee, Bacardys, Ask Me Early, Chambard, Chic Name, Diol Ker, Dingo Dollar.
Minella Times: 10
Any Second Now: 12
Delta Work: 12
Snowy Leopardess: 12
Eclair Surf: 15
Enjoy Dallen: 17
Longhouse Poet: 17
Run Wild Fred: 19
Escaria Ten: 21
Burrows Saint: 26
Cloth Cap: 29
School Boy Hours: 29
Good Boy Bobby: 34
Two for Gold: 41
Now you know the potential runners with the most odds so make sure to keep your eye on the odds over the next few months.